- Licorice is useful in bacterial and viral infections. Licorice is a very simple and low costing remedy for coughs and colds. Its even helpful for sore throat and bronchitis.
- Licorice lightens skin tone, protects against Ultra violet radiation and treats most skin disorders so it is also known for being a beautifier.
- For body aches or burns, chew a stick of licorice.Being a antispasmodic, ant-inflammatory and mild presence of phyto-estrogen makes licorice a good herb for correcting PMS related symptoms. Take Licorice tea from 3 days advance to getting menstruation. (or chew licorice for a while).
- Taking 1 tsp of licorice powder in the night can help in cases of constipation.
- Licorice help with digestive disorders like colic, ulcer and chronic gastritis.
- For sour belching and heart burns, 1/4 tsp 3 times a day helps.
- For peptic duodenal ulcers, licorice tea is helpful.
- Licorice powder mixed with honey is a remedy for hiccups.
- It is also a blood purifier and controls bleeding.
- Licorice can be at great help for liver disorders. It helps liver cells to protect against fatty liver, diet induced injuries and oxidative stress.
- Licorice help control nervousness and depression.
- Licorice is helpful for menopausal hormonal problems like mood swings, hot flashes, and exhaustion.
- Licorice is useful for various skin disorders like eczema, dry itchy skin, psoriasis, acne, rosacea and rashes including the one after loosing hair on scalp and body. Soak licorice powder in water and apply on affected area.
- If licorice is taken in a small quantity when you experience frequent vomiting, it can stop it. But when taken in large amounts, it will induce vomiting. If a person somehow happens to have poison in their system or in a case of food poisoning, the first step to cure is to make the patient vomit. Vomit will throw all poison out from the system and it will increase the chances of survival greatly.
- Drinking Licorice tea or 1/2 ts of licorice helps in reducing weight.
- Licorice helps fighting infections like HIV, TB, herpes, shingles and hepatitis.
- Anti- inflammatory property of licorice helps with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Licorice is helpful in detoxification of liver and blood.
- Licorice helps in treating hormonal infertility in women.
- Licorice helps for skin disorders like dandruff and dry skin or oil secretion in scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Anti-bacterial property of licorice makes it a good use for dental problems like plaque, gingivitis and for maintaining normal oral hygiene.
*It's better to seek expert's advice before taking licorice if taking it more than 10 grams a day.
*If you are taking any medications or pregnant, please consult experts before taking any remedies.
* These are general guidelines but everyone has different "TASIR" (nature of body), so follow that also.
*Best approach is to eat variety of nutritionally dense food rather than concentrating on one.
*Good things are good till used in moderation, overdo is not good.